Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lifereboot Economic Model

http://www.lifereboot.com/2007/know-when-to-quit-and-when-not-to/

This article highlights some flaws of a supercompetetive system.

"The above graph represents the relationship that existed between the amount of work I was doing on the job and my income while working there. Since I earned salary, my income was constant. Since I am proactive by nature, I took on additional projects outside of my job description. The result? Being taken advantage of by my employer for two years.

Now, this wasn’t my employer’s fault — we just weren’t the best match for each other. The job was definitely more suited for someone that would take the “do the least amount of work possible without getting fired” approach. Consequently, my “go getter” approach didn’t fit in."

Contractual labor that provides the same kind of support that a 'normal' long term company job would provide seems wise. Individuals skilled in their field of study can contract with any company they like on any term basis, both worker and company choosing applicants from pools.

No comments: